Tuesday, October 30, 2012

No Spend November and December - #1

One thing I've been trying to do is save money.  It isn't happening as well as I'd like.  I always seem to come up with something I want or "need".  With my new job comes a pay raise.  I don't want the extra money to disappear like the rest.

I'm implementing a No Spend November and December.  My take on this is that I'm not going to eat out unless I'm with friends or purchase anything for myself.  This would include clothes, shoes, etc. but not include personal care items if I run out of anything such as shampoo, etc.  I will only purchase something that I had but ran out of.  I do have a hair appointment already scheduled for this weekend that I'll keep and my best friend is getting married in two weeks so there will be expenses there that I can't get around, but I won't be spending any extra money.  I'll also be purchasing my Christmas gifts and such during that time period.  My family draws names so I don't have that many to get and I only exchange gifts with a couple of friends.

I'll update once a week during the challenge on how it's going.  I think this will be a good step towards saving more and spending less.


No comments:

Post a Comment