Monday, October 29, 2012

My New Job

Last month I was hired for a new job.  I'll be moving to the financial department and becoming the accountant.  I'm so excited to make this change.  I really feel like this job is one that I'll be able to grow in and make a big difference for the company.  It's also the first job I've had in over 3.5 years where I won't be reporting directly to someone on tasks or be someone's assistant.  I'll be moving into a beautiful office with a big window and a door I can shut.  I can't wait to decorate and might even put up my diplomas and awards for the first time in my career. 

We hired my replacement but as it was an internal hire, she can't take my position until they hire someone to take hers.  I'm probably 6-8 weeks out for moving into my new job.  My old job has been kind of slow the last couple of weeks which is making me anxious to start my new job.  I can't wait for the challenge of a new job and all that will come with that.  The gentleman I'm replacing is anxious to be done so hopefully there will be enough time for me to be trained properly.  I joked with him about keeping his number on speed dial for when I have questions. 

There's a lot going on in my life right now and this is just a small part of it.  I know that God will give me the strength and grace needed for this next season of life.  It's exciting and scary at the same time knowing that so many changes are coming to my life.  I'm really looking forward to all that God is going to do in the next couple of months and into the new year.  It's going to be good!


No comments:

Post a Comment